Medical Center, Duesseldorf (Uniklinik Duesseldorf)
Duesseldorf University Hospital (Uniklinik Duesseldorf) is the modern, high-quality, multi-functional international medical center where the most recent medical discoveries and technologies are immediately used in everyday medicinal practice.
Dusseldorf Clinical Center is one of the most famous hospitals in Germany, providing the high quality of diagnostics and treatment, using the newest achievements of scientific medicine. The clinic was among the first clinics where stem cells were successfully transplanted. In Germany, the stem cell treatment has reached a new level: from laboratory research to practical applications. Stem cells are effective in treating cardiac diseases, diabetes, spinal cord diseases, leukemia, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, etc.
33 clinics and 41 research institutions and laboratories are parts of the medical center in Düsseldorf, the most famous of which are:
• Department of Oncology, Haematology and Clinical Immunology headed by Prof. Dr. med. Haas
• Department of Neurosurgery headed by Prof. Dr. med. Steiger
• Department of Otorhinolaryngology headed by Prof. Dr. med. Schipper
• Department of Gynecology headed by Prof. Dr. med. Janni
• Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery headed by Prof. Dr. med. Gams
• University Cancer Center
• Institute of Cell Pathology
• Institute of Oncology Chemistry